Friday, September 4, 2015

'Knock Out'® Grandchild

The seedling shown below is also a new 2015 seedling and is of a similar coloring as the rose mentioned in the last post.  Looking closely at the photo, you may notice that it even has a few speckles.  Unlike the seedling mentioned in the previous post, this seedling has quite a lot of thorns.  However, I am probably more excited about this seedling as compared to the last, because it has the 'Knock Out'® rose as one of it's grandparents.  'Knock Out'® confers excellent blackspot resistance to many of it's seedlings.  Though this seedling is two generations away from 'Knock Out'®, I am hopeful that some of the improved disease resistance will remain.  I think this seedling would be a great choice to cross with the "Speckled Hulthemia" in the last post.  What do you think?!


3 comments:

  1. Hii jim... i would like to asking you about Cutting rose...i'm soo curious what kind of that rose i should buy fot cutting rose...hybrid tea ,florinbunda or what...i'm soo confusing...i want to plants in my garden and i'm searching in nursery website...i have no idea which one i should buy it???
    i'm so attracting when looks Big rose and imagine it blooming when in my garden...

    the website that i searching at www.pflanzmich.de/kategorie/edelrosen-langstielig.html

    so if you could help me to find the rose soo big like wedding bucket rose in that website...pleasseeee reply my comment in my email : edshsiao@ymail.com

    Thank you sooo much

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, please talk with some local rose nurseries. They will be able to give you advice for your local conditions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cross would be interesting I have a name for you, freckle juice :) I love the book as well as the look of your Speckled Hulthemia.

    ReplyDelete