Saturday, May 31, 2014

My Current Favorite New Seedling (from 2013)

This is the third photo of this seedling that I am posting on my blog, and it will probably not be the last.  While there are several Hulthemia seedlings both from this year and from last year that resulted from crosses with 'Darlow's Enigma' as the seed parent, this is my favorite.  It seems very floriferous for a young seedling.  Also, since it appears to not set any hips, I am hopeful that it will have a rapid repeat on its bloom cycle.


8 comments:

  1. Whoo-hoo! So, what 3 years until we can buy one? :-).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Aprille, I hope this one has what it takes to be marketable, but most just do not have what it takes for the long haul….

      Delete
  2. Jim this is beautiful. A head turner. Will it survive an Idaho winter?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you IdahoRoseLady! I do not have any info yet on cold hardiness.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful Jim! I can only imagine what your place looks like right now in full flower!

    I'm seeing some nice seedlings derived from the M37-1 plant that you gave me back in 2011. A few generations down the line now. So much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joseph! I'm glad that you are having fun with this group.  Send me some photos of your favorites!

      Delete
  4. Each time I go through all the photos, I keep coming back to this one. Beautiful color contrast and so floriferous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dave! Since this one only sets a very rare hip, I will be trying it more extensively as a pollen parent this year. I made 2 copies to help increase the amount of pollen available since it also doesn't produce much pollen. I think this one has the right number of petals for this group.

      Delete