Saturday, April 19, 2014

Sister Seedling to 'Family Holiday'

I took this photo today, and I hesitate mentioning that it is a sister seedling to 'Family Holiday' because it appears to be much showier with regard to color.  This rose was also from the 2012 batch, but was very slow to grow because I had planted another seedling in with it when it first was transplanted out of the greenhouse (I often combine 2 or 3 seedlings into a single pot so that I do not have to use so many pots.)  Consequently, due to its small size, it was not even considered as a contender for the ARS Convention.  That other seedling was culled from the pot late last year and has allowed this seedling to thrive and show its stuff.  If it continues to do well, it might be released at a future date.


4 comments:

  1. Love this one. Cant wait until its available.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one and 'Family Holiday' are both from the cross of 'Pearl Sanford' X 'First Impression'. I will probably try that cross again this year since it seems to produce nice seedlings.

      Delete