Sunday, August 6, 2017

Secret Weapon for Floriferousness??

Not being one to hide rose hybridizing secrets, I wonder if a dirty greenhouse roof has been advantageous?  As the greenhouse has aged (now 21 years old), the original roof covering has become very dirty and discolored.  It is almost like having a shade cloth over the entire greenhouse.  I had considered replacing the roof a couple of years ago, but when I learned that the cost would be almost as much as the original greenhouse, I decided to wait.  For me, floriferousness ranks right up with disease resistance as being a top trait to select for in breeding.  I have found that seedlings that bloom well in the greenhouse do even better outside.  The photos below are of a few new 2017 seedlings blooming in the greenhouse this year.











6 comments:

  1. lovely, especially like the second one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Charlotte! I always wonder what they will look like when exposed to the elements outside of the greenhouse. I will be keeping all of these to find out next year.

      Delete
  2. Magnifique votre travail, jardinducygneblanc, ( faceboock), j'espère un jour arriver a votre niveau, très bel recherche , vendez vous des graines, pour bouture??? merci, William

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this helpful blog , I found this very helpful.
    If you want to learn digital marketing for free follow the given links. You will get all knowledge about digital marketing for free hurry up this offer is valid for a limited period.


    1.Top SEO Company in Delhi NCR
    2.Best SEO Company in India
    3.Digital Marketing Company in India
    4.Top SEO Company in India
    5.Best Digital Marketing Company in Delhi

    ReplyDelete